Thursday, April 12, 2007

Childhood by Jack Powers

Childhood--

When I was a child, everything

Was simpler.

No demons possessed me, no ghosts inhabited me.

When I was a child, the only thing that was disquieting

Was the sense of dream bordering

On nightmare,

Still I persisted on my route,

Letting nothing permeate my grandeur

After all this I learned to suffer,

Extremely.

I dared the fates to take me now,

I didn’t know where they would take me,

only to a pure and wholesome space.

We lived our lives believing in possibility

We ended up under the bed,

Hollering for the dad or mom.

I didn’t want this , but was insecure

In the passage.

My hand trembled, as too my soul,

I love you yet,

The magnificence of positive possibility

I have a cross to bear

As my savior before me.

Yes, I believe in magnificent

Dwelling place.

It will all come or come out.

We were born to joy,

Let us have it!

No comments: